Thursday, October 11, 2012

Honey Facials! Great Skin Remedy!





My name is Erin, of course right?, and I am 30 years old and have struggled, over 10 years, with dry skin, uneven tone and sensitivity to many products! I have had sensitive skin my whole life. I have eczema and dermatitis, and the severity of dry skin is uncomfortable and so tight on my poor face that it's embarassing and uncomfortable. I have tried Cetaphil, Neutrogena, Aveeno, and every other skin cleanser, moisturizer, and toner there is to find; including Mary Kay, and Clinique brands. So one day I was watching Dr. Oz, by the way he an amazing person to listen to, but one show was on the effects of honey. Although they were discussing a high quality and very expensive brand of honey, I couldn't help but to be intrigued by the concept of honey all together.

Some of the healing properties to honey is allergies, well my skin acts up from the allergies I have to skin products, and honey also has the properties to attract water, dry skin problem solved, it also has anti inflammatory, anti aging and antiseptic properties naturally!

So I decided to get the best results on a small budget I was going to have to find the cleanest honey possible. What does that mean? The lighter the honey, the less cooked and robbed of its natural properties it will have. Look at the picture below. Found both at WalMart and cost pretty much the same... but 2 different honeys.

So here is what I do. When I take my bath I wash my face with a simple scent free soap, Dove or Ivory, then pat dry and as my hair is conditioning I place the honey and rub it on my face. I have also added in crushed oatmeal and sugar for a facial scrub from time to time, since oatmeal will draw out the oils if you have a oily complexion; but not necessary since the honey will kill of bacteria naturally like an antiseptic would. The sugar is a gentle exfoliate to scrub off dry skin. Then I let it sit on my face 5 minutes and rinse. Wallah! Always remember to pat your face gently after washing it, it helps to keep skin from drying out. I have also found I can use my Aveeno moisturizers again without the redness. The honey has calmed my skin down where I can use some mild lotions again without the burn and blotching. I hope this helps you and all seriousness please try this, you will be pleasantly surprised by what this little honey bear can do for your skin naturally!







No comments:

Post a Comment