Monday, October 8, 2012

The Busy Life

I feel so bad I haven't been on here...and here is the reasons why :)

1. School Started... why is it such a great thing when kids start school? You think wow I am going to have all this time free with my children away...and in actuality...it the complete opposite? I have a second grader who is my high energy, look at me, look at me child and although she is absent around the house, I still feel overwhelmed by her and her tornado she leaves behind. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death! I just find she uses up more of my energy than I do.

2. Girl Scouts and after school activities. When school starts so does their activities. I am not one of those parents that enrolls my child in alot of activities. Right now its Girl Scouts and Basketball. That's enough for a child. I think children can be bored now and then. Allows her plenty of time for friends, family, reading and homework. I think its silly to spend a ton of money for activities your child may not want to do. I also think kids should be allowed to be kids without a calendar full of events.

3. Cold winter weather struck poor Montana :) We saw snow in September and actually got some moisture in our drought stricken state. I have been busy caulking windows, making sure door jams are sealed with weatherstripping, plastic wrap my windows with weather kits I have found at my local Walmart. Believe me people, they may look tacky but the savings on your energy bill for a 10 dollar kit will PAY itself off in 1 week. Trust me when I say this :)

and last but not least. I have been trying hard to take care of myself. I have been exercising in the morning, eating better, giving myself facials and manicures, whatever it is to make myself feel good about me. If I don't feel good about me then I cant care for my family properly. A happy Mom is a Happy Family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment