Friday, July 27, 2012

Meal Planning On a Budget!!


So if you are like me your money seems to go quick with children's needs. Well many of you don't know that I am trying to become debt free. So budgeting to me is EXTREMELY important. My hubby refers to me as a tightwad. I always tell him, you will thank me later. Well 4 years later 15k down in debt and finishing up the last of my bills we finally see the light. My oldest was in and out the doctor with croup and pneumonia as a child and those bills were a heavy burden; but like her pneumonia, it's almost a thing of the past:):) So every week I make a meal plan, cut coupons, if any, and make my 125 stretch as far as I can. This week I came in right on budget. This covers breakfasts, lunches and dinners for 7 days. We don't eat out, it's a waste to me when I could pay off  bills with that 20-50 dollars. I said I was cheap didn't I? I don't own a credit card, that's how cheap I am! Interest paying is not my thing. If you can't pay for it in cash, then you probably don't need it. Wants and NEEDS are 2 different things. That's where people have trouble. So on that note! Have a great weekend and below is my menu to help give you ideas.

Breakfasts
(2)Oatmeal in the crock pot with fruit and milk
(2)Life cereal and bananas
Eggs Bacon and Wonder Bread Kids bread Toast (brunch)
Omelets and Wonder Bread Kids Bread Toast(brunch
Boiled Eggs and Peanut Butter Wonder Bread Kids Bread Toasted

Lunch
Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
Peanut Butter Sandwiches and bananas
Egg salad Sandwich and Chips
Quesadillas and fruit
Chili
2 Brunches

Dinner
Meatball Marinara Sub with salad
New York Steaks with Corn and potatoes
Chili with fruit cup
Chicken Bacon grilled Sandwich with Oven fries and salad
Chicken Breast stuffed with stuffing with mashed potatoes and green beans
Double Decker Tacos with Fajita Rice
Steak and Vegetable Kabobs over Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment