Saturday, July 28, 2012

MeatBall Submarines

Meatball Submarines and Salad dressed with Italian Dressing

So if you notice I make a lot of meatballs. My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE meatballs. They are easy to make, cheap to make and so versatile. There really isn't a flavor profile it can't match with. So here is a super simple recipe for Meatball submarines.

Meatball Sandwiches

1/2 pound ground beef (93 lean I use)
1/2 pound ground turkey breast
2 eggs
1/2 cup breadcrumbs ( I used Standish Farms Sourdough bread to make the bread crumbs)
1/4 cup milk
salt
pepper
2T Lipton Soup dry mix
2T. A-1

Mix it all up and and form meatballs about a tablespoon in size. Place in a 375 oven for 25 minutes and set aside. In the meantime open a jar of marinara, or make your own, and place meatballs in the sauce to simmer and soak up flavors for at least 10 minutes; longer if desired. Open up a hoagie bun and toast it then lay 4 meatballs on, shredded Mozzarella and sprinkle of Parmesan and place in oven for a few seconds to melt cheese and then enjoy! I paired my sandwich with a salad dressed with Olive Garden Italian Dressing! Super Yum!

1 comment: